All philosophers true to the study will go mad some day.
But then again, it is Normal that defines Mad.

The 'talk'

i know i know i just blogged..no matter..wanted to write in about this talk me my bro my mom n my dad had on saturday night....it all started like this..
my bro got a phone call n rapidly walks into a room where he can get some signal...my mom immediately asks who on the phone..my dad starts joking that it was my bro's girl..(it's a joke cos my bro's hardly spoken to 10 gals as far as i know)...my mom goes on saying that she would believe it easily if someone told her i had a boyfriend but not if my bro had a gal ..( easy enough...)..n so it began...we started talking philosophy then onwards...
my mom was talking about how one should not be content on what he is for contentedness (contentedness...???) would hinder progress while my dad n i were saying that happiness is the purpose of life..n that progress has no meaning for one day everything shall go back to the Neanderthal..(yes i love philosophy u got a prob? :p)....my dad was quoting one of my fav proverbs then of G B Shaw "the reasonable man adapts himself to the world the unreasonable man adapts the world to himself..hence much of the progress in the world depends upon the unreasonable man"...but that night my dad said something pretty cool..only 4 lines though...he had told those 4 lines to a guy in a german pub who was "flabbergasted" after listening to them...the lines were....Think. Think thoughts that result in actions. Do actions that give results. When u do the action don't bother about the result, because bothering is, again, a useless thought.

pretty cool na? in the end somehow mom n dad came to a consensus..( they were never able to before cos my dad was talking on a much higher plane than my mom...my mom was talking about 'i' while dad was talking about 'I'. however after 2 1/2 hours they finally came to a consensus..i'm not complaining though..good thing . it kept me awake..n i had to stay awake..i had to call my special someone n wish him na? ;)

0 comments: